For effective teaching and learning to take place, we must:
- Set ourselves the highest standards in every school life.
- Have high expectations and clear learning objectives both of which are passed to the children.
- Provide carefully planned lessons which cater for the different ages and abilities of children based on previous work and assessments.
- Ensure the children are actively engaged in all aspects of learning through a variety of lively teaching methods, clear instruction, challenging and stimulating activities and opportunities for reflection.
- Help children to acquire enquiring minds, to question and argue rationally, whilst having respect for other people’s views, to apply themselves to task and to be able to work both as a group and individually.
- Provide an attractive and stimulating learning environment which reflects our expectations and standards.
- Provide encouragement and positive feedback to children to promote self esteem and pride in their work.
- Develop a positive relationship with parents, to enable the support of learning at home (through homework).
The management, staff and parents work in close partnership to ensure our shared aims are achieved.
Teacher and staff of the school